Crazier Bones
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Crazier Bones Forums the best forum to talk about Crazy Bones! Whether you like GoGo's, Aliens, Mutants, Mega Bones, or just love Eggy this is the best place for Crazy Bones chat!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Two and a Half Men': The decade that wasn't for situation comedies

Go down 
AuthorMessage

'Two and a Half Men': The decade that wasn't for situation comedies Empty
PostSubject: 'Two and a Half Men': The decade that wasn't for situation comedies   'Two and a Half Men': The decade that wasn't for situation comedies Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 3:43 am

As this decade draws to a close, my memory drifted back to TV through the last 10 years, and I was struck by what I remembered, If you have bought prison break dvd box set tv shows, please try CSI Las Vegas seasons dvd, it will never let you down.

Almost nothing.

I love to watch The L Word dvd box set and supernatural DVD box set, both are great shows. When it comes to great sitcoms this decade, I was drawing a blank. At first.
Then I remembered 30 Rock and The Office. But after that, well, not much more.

The most well known Bones Seasons dvd is available at www.dvdsetcollection.com Situation comedies have been the lifeblood of network TV for decades.

The 1950s gave us I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, Make Room for Daddy, If you haven’t watched The Sopranos seasons dvd tv show, try it.
Leave it to Beaver, and Father Knows Best.

The 1960s gave us The Andy Griffith Show, How about Lost Seasons dvds? It’s cheap and great. And las vegas box set is another must have collection. The Dick van Dyke Show, The Addams Family The Beverly Hillbillies, Bewitched, Green Acres, and The Brady Bunch.

My Christmas gift to my friend are married with children dvd and The Simpsons seasons dvd, my friend said this is her most wanted. The 1970s, inarguably the best decade for sitcoms, gave us M*A*S*H, All in the Family, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, Doctor Who dvds is a fantastic show, but Mash Seasons dvd is bravo, too. Sanford and Son, Barney Milleri, Taxi, Happy Days, The Odd Couple, Soap, and The Jeffersons.

The 1980s gave us The Cosby Show, Cheers, Get my well packaged Scrubs Seasons dvd yesterday, great buy. Designing Women, The Golden Girls (not a favorite, but it deserves to be on the list), Murphy Brown Married... with Children, Night Court, Roseanne, The Wonder Years, and Newhart, Are you satisfied with the Criminal Minds dvd box set tv shows? Yes, exactly.

The 1990s gave us Seinfeld, Friends, Home Improvement, Californication DVDs The Drew Carey Show, That '70s Show, Will & Grace, Frasier, Ellen, Everybody Loves Raymond, and NewsRadio.

The half-hour installments are fast food for the brain, La Femme Nikita DVDs but schedule staples nonetheless. Sot what about the memorable successful sitcoms from the past decade? I say "Six Feet Under season DVD" because counting ratings failures such as Arrested Development, as brilliant as it was, is cheating. Audiences rejected that show, no matter how much critics implored otherwise, which has left us with ... well, Two and a half men dvd.

There's no debating the success of the Transformer 20th Anniversary DVD Box set Monday-night anchor, a perennial top 10 (the ONLY sitcom to achieve such ratings), but the show is far from a classic. How many water cooler moments has the show given us in seven seasons? And celebrity guest stars don't count, While Boston Legal dvd tv show is worth watching.

The same argument can made for According to Jim, which has managed to hang around for nine(!) years, with not a positive review to show for it, Watching House MD dvd is a good relaxation,

Perhaps there's ABC's Ugly Betty, Best NCIS dvd is on sale. an audience and critical darling that seems to have lost much of its luster as of late, much like its network rival, The Office, on NBC. (The Jump the Shark axiom is true: Most watched charmed seasons dvd is on special promotion. When two sitcom characters fall in love, such as Pam and Jim did on The Office, disney 100 years of magic dvd is a perfect collection for cartoon fans. The show's creative bulb dims noticeably.)

2000s sitcoms like Malcolm In The Middle, Buy one tree hill dvd is a wise decision. The Bernie Mac Show, My Name is Earl, and Everybody Hates Chris showed promise, This Medium Seasons DVD is much cheaper than its previous version. But faded long before they could take their place among the decade's best.

The Big Bang Theory could make the list, but it's only been on the air three years, so it's still too early to call this a classic of the decade. It's the same for How I Met Your Mother, which has been on the air four years.
If you want to throw in animated shows into the mix, you can add The Simpsons to the 1990s, even though it premiered in late 1989; perhaps King of the Hill. Curb Your Enthusiasm and Extras are HBO series, so it's not fair to include them in this list; the R-rated shows play by different rules than the family-friendly network programs. The same goes for the FX sitcom It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

As for classics sitcoms of the past 10 years, well, let's just say this was the decade that wasn't.
Happy holidays
Back to top Go down

'Two and a Half Men': The decade that wasn't for situation comedies
Page 1 of 1